What is SlideShare?
It allows users to easily upload and share presentations, infographics, documents, videos, PDFs, and webinars.
- 60 million unique users log in every month.
- 400,000 new SlideShare presentations are viewed every month.
- More than 10 million presentations are uploaded per month.
- All that traffic isn’t just to look at power point presentations. You can upload your product’s photos, how-to videos, presentation slides, PDF files and create tips pieces
Why use SlideShare?
- SlideShare gets a ton of traffic.
- SlideShare’s main demographic is B2B users that are seeking high quality content. With the right tags it is easy to attract the customers you are seeking.
- You can options in creating content so you can find the right fit for each campaign or project.
- You have access to analytics. You can find out who is looking at them, from where they are being viewed and which presentations are most popular with your target market
- Rank better on google.
- Grow your followers
- Get email subscribers.
- Build your brand.
How to use it:
- SlideShare presentations can function as a digital marketing kit.
- Embedding the link on your blog not only adds multiple calls to action such as email sign up boxes and links to related content without adding unnecessary bulk to the page but also can boost SEO because it provides a strong outbound link and google loves SlideShare links.
- You can include SlideShares in tweets. The user does not have to leave the app to view it and you are still able to track their views and analytics.
- You can include the presentations across all forms of social media allowing you to link them together.
- If your presentation gets enough views on different social media sites it will be featured under that category on the SlideShare website leading to more views.
10 tips to help your company take advantage of SlideShare: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/slideshare-for-lead-generation/
Companies using slideshare to increase brand awareness
- Ethos: http://www.slideshare.net/ethos3/who-is-ethos3
- Holland-Mark: http://www.slideshare.net/MikeTrap/selling-the-dogfood-startup-marketing-before-after-productmarket-fit
- Real Time Marketing & PR: http://www.slideshare.net/lmshort/real-time-book-presentation
- The Palms Hotel & Spa: http://www.slideshare.net/palmshotel/the-palms-hotel-and-spa-miami-beach-spa