Facebook might seem like old news, but ShortStack has created an opportunity for small and large businesses to promote themselves in a visually appealing way. Instead of having a Facebook page that is “cookie cutter” like every other business or organization on Facebook, ShortStack allows you to customize your page through a Facebook app and gives your customers or followers a reason to interact with your page. It allows you to create custom Facebook apps. However, the best way to explain ShortStack is by showing an example.
In the example above, NBC News has created a page where its audience can interact with them and show pictures that they can vote on. Below is a case study done on NBC and ShortStack:
In this example, they are simply promoting a brand and product by getting their followers involved.
These apps are relevant and cool to look at! They make Facebook more interesting and are usually not just screaming at their customer “BUY ME, BUY ME!”
- Extremely flexible platform for customizing app
- No long term contracts required
- Has EVERYTHING you need to know on their website including video tutorials, tips and tricks, design templates, and more!
- Might not be the best thing for your brand
- Mainly used for promotions or interactive voting
- Can be a little complicated
You can try it free and then after that the prices are around $60/month. Many of the different payment plans include features like analytics. Overall, it is a great idea and could be used for any business or organization! You just have to get creative and use it for interactiveness and not push advertisements.