What is it?: Buzzsumo is an online search and analytics app that works across the main social networks to give your business valuable insights for content marketing and SEO purposes.
Cost: free while it is in the Beta Period.
- Free to use while it’s in the Beta Period
- Identifies engaging content based on what people are sharing the most on social platforms.
- Can search for any niche or topic
- Find interesting content to curate
- Helps you discover influential experts, writers, and influencers who can promote your content
- Analyze your competitors top content
- Analyze what topics, headlines, and content formats work
- Saves times. A different search platform than Google.
- In the Beta Stage you have to register with Twitter in order to get full access to the search engine.
- You do not have unlimited access to the search engine unless you sign up. You have a quota of how many searches you can do per day if you don’t sign up via Twitter.
- Because it is a new app, there is not as much information available as a Google search. A simple search for articles on “fashion tips” on Buzzsumo only turned up one page of results.
How it can be used in a social marketing campaign:
- We can use Buzzsumo when creating our editorial calendar
- We can find and share popular and valuable content (articles, videos, interviews etc.) that our audience would be interested in
- For us it’s a one-stop-shop. And it’s free!
In summary, BuzzSumo is a good tool and one-stop-shop for formulating your business’ content strategy, finding influential people within a niche and discovering popular content. However, it is still being developed and does not have as much information readily available as one can find on other search engine websites (like Google).