Here are just a few of the many things I learned from David Griner:
- All social media should be consistent and so should the vision. The goal is to engage our customers and get people talking about how good our product is and all your goals should be realistic
- The content should be relevant to the strategy. How can we get more people to “like” us and tweet at us. The more people are tweeting/posting about you or your products, the more your name is out there.
- don’t just write/tweet/post about what is popular. Don’t always have to tweet about what your business is selling at the moment. Tweet about what’s going on in the world so more people follow you and then in return they will want to know more about your company and what it has to offer
- It’s not just what you say but WHEN you say it and when you find something that works, improve on it! Make it better!
- In case you missed the class when David came to speak to us, here is another interview he did a few years ago that would be worth reading :http://www.moneysmith.com/2009/04/guest-interview-social-media-strategist-david-griner/